Everglades “SHORTY FORTY”
Sunday Feb 26th, 2017 – Pedals up at 8am
This ride is to show appreciation to cyclists and their families. To gather all, family and friends, to ride together in a safe environment, suitable for all levels of cyclists from beginners that only want to STROLL A FEW MILES to those who want to RACE TO THE FINISH. THEN WE EAT!!!
Click from mobile device to view in the Strava App.
FROM: Everglades National Park Entrance, 40001 State Road 9336
Homestead, FL 33034-6733 (START LINE)
TO: Flamingo Visitor Center
- The Flamingo Visitor Center lies roughly 40 miles south of the Park Main Entrance.
- Cycle through this unique and beautiful eco system and maybe see some of the wildlife that inhabit it.
Come for the RIDE.
- GET OUT and away from the city hustle.
- This ride is enclosed in the Everglades National Park.
- Ride at your own pace and for your own distance.
- Perfect for all level cyclists.
- NO DIRECTIONS NEEDED! It’s one road.
- NO STOP LIGHTS!
- NO INTERSECTIONS!
- NO POLICE!
- NO SPEED LIMITS!
- NO GETTING LOST!
- Rest stops every 15. (Aprox)
- SAG constantly circling, can pick you up wherever you are.
- HELMETS REQUIRED
- NO EXTERNAL SPEAKERS ALLOWED
Come for the food. We’re doing it Latin style.
- Slow cooking a PUERCO. Translation, that’s a PIG.
- Arroz Imperial, Plátanos, Arroz y Frijoles, Pan, ensalada.
Translation: Chicken and yellow rice (Kosher), Plantains, rice & beans, Bread and salad.
Come for the drinks
- “FREE OPEN BAR”
- “FREE BEER”
- Soft drinks
- Recovery drinks.
The Ride Home.
- Keep the party going. Get you drinks and food for the road. Charter buses will be picking us (and our bikes) up around 1 – 2pm to take us back to your starting point. (1- 2 hr ride)